PWC Safety Tips
At A-1 Parts, Inc., we are concerned about the safety of our fellow jet skiers. Whether you are an experienced rider or just starting out, these safety tips will help keep you safe on your personal watercraft.
- Read and understand the owner's manual.
- Always wear a life jacket when operating your watercraft.
- Be alert, use common sense, and ride within your ability.
- Never drink alcohol and ride.
- Follow all boating regulations.
- Refuel on land to avoid spilling oil or gas into the water.
- Fill the tank slowly and make sure any spills are caught and disposed of properly.
- Check and clean your engine well away from shorelines.
- Ride in main channels and avoid shallow water.
- Avoid weeds, grasses, and other plant life. They can cause engine or pump problems and reduce performance.
- Avoid posted bird nesting areas.