Snowmobile Safety Tips
At A-1 Parts, Inc., we are concerned about the safety of our fellow riders. Whether you are an experienced racer or just starting out, these safety tips will help keep you safe on your snowmobile.
- Read and understand the owner's manual.
- Always wear a helmet, eye protection, insulated boots and protective clothing. Wear layers of water-repellent clothing and make sure you have no loose ends that might catch in the machine or tangle in equipment.
- Keep headlights and taillights on at all times.
- Never drink alcohol and ride.
- Drive at moderate speeds, and drive defensively, especially after sunset.
- Bring a first-aid kit with a flashlight, knife, compass, map and waterproof matches.
- Be careful crossing lakes, streams and rivers if you aren't sure of the ice thickness or water currents. Never ride as group in a single-file line when crossing frozen bodies of water.
- Stay on marked trails or, where allowed, on the right shoulder of the road.
- Be alert for fences, tree stumps and stretched wire that may be concealed by snow.
- Avoid traveling alone. If you must travel alone, tell someone your destination, planned route and when you will return.
- Keep your machine in good mechanical condition.
- When approaching an intersection, come to a complete stop, raise off the seat and look for traffic.
- Check the weather conditions before you depart.